Saturday 17 October 2015

Halloween 2015 - Sophie's Make Up

Halloween 2015 – Woodland Fairy

The nights are growing darker, the air is colder and the pumpkin spice lattes are out. That can only mean one thing…. Autumn is upon us and Halloween is here!

Halloween is the time of year when you can get creative with your make up and experiment with all the colours you’d never normally use.


This year I’ve gone with a woodland fairy, and used a mixture of Asian and Western beauty brands to fulfil the fantasy theme.




This entire look took me 50 minutes in total to complete! Below is how I achieved it.

Tools of Choice
  • Etude House Face Conditioning Cream Light
  • theSAEM Cover Perfection Tip Concealer
  • Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion
  • InnisFree No Sebum Mineral Powder
  • Shu Uemura Hard Formula Eyebrow Pencil
  • La Rose de Versailles Eyeliner in Black
  • Naked 2 Urban Decay
  • The Face Shop Eyelash Curler
  • Manna Conditioning Lash Primer
  • Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara
  • Etude House Play 101 Pencil 36
  • Etude House Play 101 Pencil 38
  • Etude House Play 101 Pencil 43
  • Jewel-Light Waterproof Eyeliner Rose Quartz
  • Jewel-Light Waterproof Eyeliner 06
  • Secret Kiss Holic Pigment
  • TonyMoly Cat Chu Wink Lip Tint
  • Maybelline Super Stay DualEnded Lip Colour


The Base
The Illusion Tools

My Art Tools

Basic Eye Tools
For the glitter pizzazz and lips

  1. First things first, you want a clean base to work on so cleanse your face and ensure there is as little grime and dust
  2. Moisturise! Prepping the skin for what lies ahead is important for the health of your skin and ensuring your make up stays on as long as possible
  3. I then used the face conditioning cream from Etude House which acts as a primer and also brightens the complexion. This also balances the colours of your complexion
  4. Next step is concealer! Blending in the edges to make it look as natural as possible
  5. Cushion time. Apply the cream all over the face and blend for even coverage
  6. I then use InnisFree no sebum powder to set the foundation and mattify. I love this powder, it really helps keep the oily look at bay

Ears to protect the hair!


  1. Now that the base is prepped its onto the fun part! I used the foxy and half baked shades in my Naked 2 palette for a neutral look and to add some shimmer to the eyes
  2. La Rose de Versailles is my holy grail liquid eyeliner. This lasts my 12 hour work shift and does not budge. In this case I used it to tight line along my lash line for a thicker look without being over the top
  3. Curling the lashes with my Face Shop eyelash curler then priming with Manna conditioning lash primer is my next step. I find by priming with a conditioner my eyelashes stay curled for longer and the mascara does not smudge as much. I then apply my Bobbi Brown Smokey eyes
  4. I fill out my brows with Shu Uemura, I prefer a thicker eyebrow look and this fits into the natural woodland fairy look I had in mind
  5. Using both my Holika Holika and Etude House pink eyeliners I line my bottom eyelid to give the illusion of bigger eyes and on the inner corner of my eyes
  6. This is where it gets creative! I use Etude House Play Hard 38, which is an olive colour, to line my eyes and start the swirls
  7. I highlight with Etude House Play Hard 36 for a pop of colour!
  8. I use the secret key gold glitter on my left eye for a subtler effect, swirls on both sides would have been too heavy for what I had in mind. I used a cotton bud to apply the glitter onto my face. I also use this on the swirls to add emphasis
  9. As the eyes are the focus of this make up I go for a darker lip. I use the Tony Moly lip tint first and then as my second layer apply Maybelline Super Stay DualEnded Lip Colour.





Fairy Halloween make up complete!
What are you going to be?


Love Sophie xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment