Friday 14 August 2015

Summer 2015 - Current Cleansing Routine - Linh



For all those with sensitive skins out there!

I am so thankful for the internet and international shipping today, as for a long time, I had been suffering with sensitive skin and using Western products like L’Oréal and Garnier, which didn’t really cater for my sensitive and little did I know, they were making my skin more irritated and red. Hence the complete transition into using Korean products which are much more mild and gentle to skin.

Anyone remember that cleansing brush hype? I believe L’Oréal was first to introduce the product. I was so desperate to get one, it was so cool, felt really nice to use on the skin and only one year later, I realised people with sensitive skin shouldn’t be exfoliating with these brushes! I really should have realised sooner – my skin turned awfully red and blotchy

I never wanted to go back to Western skin products ever again. That is until today, and the discovery of Nivea’s new upgraded sensitive skincare range (perhaps some of their dermatologists have been visiting South Korea!). Therefore, I would like to introduce to you all the current two products I’m using as part of my cleansing routine.


Step 1 – Nivea Daily Essentials Sensitive Cleansing Milk (200ml, RRP £4.29 but I bought it at half price at Tesco’s and its probably always half price at Tescos)

It cleanses mildly and helps prevent three key things:
1.       Redness
2.      Tightness
3.      Dryness

Special key ingredients – Dexpanthenol and Grape Seed Oil

Why is Grape Seed Oil so good for the skin?
o   It treats acne through its antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties as well as linoleic acid which promotes skin health
o   Tightens skin and closes up pores which is really beneficial for oily and acne prone skin
o   Relieves dark circles under cycles – grape seed oil apparently does this naturally
o   Moisturises
o   Fights aging – grape seed oil helps with improving elasticity of the skin which will help stop those wrinkles from developing!

Other ingredients
Aqua, Isopropyl Palmitate, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Methylpropanediol, Cetyl Alcohol, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil, Panthenol, Glyceryl Glucoside, Sodium Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Carbomer, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Arachidate, Sodium Oleate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol

Love
+       I can confirm it does all of the above – sensitive skin people will understand that our biggest problems are redness, tightness and dryness and the fact that this product helps combat my redness, doesn’t leave a tight feeling after application or makes my skin dry, pretty much makes this product wonderful!
+       Free of parabens, colours and perfume
+       Milk! The fact that its milk based makes it a lot easier to apply and take off the make up
+       Leaves skin feeling soft

No Love
-         I went through the bottle pretty quickly – so I wish there was more!
-        It not as effective in removing eye makeup – I have to be a bit tough with my cotton pad when trying to remove my eyeliner and mascara. (Solution – combo this with eye and lip makeup remover)

Would I buy again?
Yes – I’d give this product a 5 star rating!

Step 2 – Nivea Daily Essentials Soothing Cleansing Mousse (150ml, RRP £4.99 but again, purchased for half the price at Tescos)

So after using the cleansing milk and removing all my makeup, I complete the cleansing routine through using this product.

It’s targeted for those with dry and sensitive skins

It claims to:
1.       Cleanses the skin deeply but mildly
2.      Moisturises the skin to keep its natural moisture balance
3.      Provides a great cleansing experience thanks to its very soft foam formula and its pleasant scent

My tips for application
Every night, two pumps is enough to do the job, leave on for 30 seconds (use some mouthwash or do a little dance in the meantime), wash off

Special key ingredients – Natural Almond Oil and Hydra IQ  

Why is Natural Almond Oil so good for the skin?
o   Moisturising
o   Anti-inflammation which will help calm and soothe your skin from dryness, irritation, chapped skin etc
o   Emollient properties – restores the normal PH of skin and skin glowing effects
o   Removing dark circles
o   Reducing wrinkles – the vitamins in almond oil help delay the appearance of wrinkles
o   Sun protection – almond oil can help reverse the damages brought about the sun exposure

Other ingredients
Aqua, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Glucoside, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-10, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Parfum

Love
+       Formula turns into a soft mousse when pumped into hands
+       Very light mousse on the face
+       Light barely noticeable scent
+       Skin doesn’t feel really dry – this tends to happen with all the other Western products I’ve tried

No Love
-         N/A

Would I buy again?
Yes

Love Linh



No comments:

Post a Comment